Wednesday, January 19, 2005

~ A minute to remember ~

I remember a time not too long ago,
Where a burning fire churned within.
Telling me of many things i could do,
in this world.

I remember then, how i was spurred on
By this sensation within, telling me to go on.
It was but a personal battle within,
Fuelled by glorious deeds done by images.

I remember then, when i cycled down the road.
Cars rushing past, rain splattering on the face.
Friends behind and the heat that kept away the chill.
The thrill of being alive, and not having full control.

Childish dreams seem to move one to push much further,
til reality sets in and you know the fears.
But beyond that, once you grow and overcome,
The thrills become calculated and you relive the past, sometimes.

I remember the fire not too long ago,
And i felt it again not too long ago.
It may be my mind playing tricks, but i felt it nontheless.
I'll keep fanning it, for now i know i'm choosing the rock.
To build myself upon it until if it deems me not worthy.


No comments: